A Good Day In Erebor


Sharing some of my latest work inspired by my adventures as a hobbit in Middle-earth. This particular set I am working on are a set of little paintings for an illustrated version of The Hobbit.  They are very much 'work-in-progress' .  Here we have a Bilbo  coming face to face with the great challenge that lies ahead of him. Entering Smaug'g lair....




'Old Smaug is weary and asleep,' he thought. 'He can't see me and he won't hear me. Cheer up Bilbo! '


He was only pretending to sleep! He was watching the tunnel entrance! Hurriedly Bilbo stepped back and blessed the luck of his ring. Then Smaug spoke.


'Well thief! I smell you and I feel your air. I hear your breath. Come along! Help yourself again, there is plenty and to spare.'


An enormously important dwarf, in fact no other than the great Thorin Oakenshield himself


No comments: