The Lost Hobbit Smile

 Spring in the Shire
“Do you remember the Shire, Mr. Frodo? It'll be spring soon. And the orchards will be in blossom. And the birds will be nesting in the hazel thicket. And they'll be sowing the summer barley in the lower fields... and eating the first of the strawberries with cream. Do you remember the taste of strawberries?”
The result of a day out in the Shire. I enjoyed my day and I hope you will enjoy a beautiful spring in the Shire,  my dear hobbits. The dark winter night has now replaced a sunny but fresh, sunny  afternoon. Time for a slice of cake, a cup of tea and some pipeweed in front of the fire, feel free to join me . All Hobbit knows that you don't have to own a vast orchard to grow fruit trees. hobbits love to keep their own fruit trees in the gardens as they enjoy freshly picked fruit, they will eat it there and then or baked it into a cake , or preserve it to make home-made jams, there is nothing more delicious then a home-grown fruit. In spring fruit trees are a pretty sight in the Shire with blossom that attract swarms of bees that will then go on to produce sweet Shire Honey. In the summer and autumn, fruit can be picked and preserved and stored to help supply the Hobbits with essentials during the cold winter months.

 Spring at Hobbity Cottage

The first Shire roses blooming just outside my new home. This week I will finally meet an architect to start the work inside Hobbity Cottage. A new kitchen , a lovely bathroom, a new central heating system, a couple of walls need to come down. I just want it to look lovely when I finally move in, and in the meantime, as work is underway inside, I shall tend my little hobbit garden. 

  Amorey
I am feeling a bit sad lately so  I went out and bought myself a new dress and the most lovely cute hobbity shoes, a  walk under a warm spring rain  in the forest did help to clear the head a little. I am looking to find my smile again, and spring is a good time for that. Time for some serious cleaning , time to open all the windows and let the fresh air come in and the dust to go out..and time for music, happiness and hobbity songs.

Hug!

No comments: