Two Trees , One Light


As my life keeps me busy,  signing documents and contracts for the new house, work,  making plans, seeing friends, I need to keep reminding myself to find some 'me' time to look around, admire the re-birth of Spring, and stare in awe at a sunrise or a sunset. As I do, living in  this world,  sometime I think I am  going to live forever and ever and ever.  When I get  up  so early at the tender beauty of  dawn-time and go out in the garden  and stands there holding my cup of hot tea, wrapped in a blanket and I  throw  my  head far back and look up and up and watch the pale sky slowly changing  lights and colors , marvelous unknown things happening as a new day is born , a bird singing a  beautiful song in the apple tree, whispering  a name I keep in my heart and  my  heart stands still at the strange unchanging majesty of the rising of the sun which has been happening every morning for thousands and thousands and thousands of years, today, tomorrow, for always! 


Only at dawn and at  dusk, the two trees of Valinor, Laurelin and Telperion were allowed to embrace each other in  the most beautiful and loving light,  and  for a few minutes they became 'one' Each of them would take turn and give light for seven hours then slowly let the other shine. At 'dusk' and 'dawn' it would be the only times when the two trees would shine together for a few minutes, and golden and silver would merge into ONE beautiful light....1+1 = 1 . I know this loving light and joy  will  last only for a moment or so, when I  stands by myself  in a wood at sunset and the mysterious deep gold stillness slanting through and under the branches seems to be saying my name  slowly again and again  in a whisper on the breeze. 


Then sometimes the immense quiet of the dark blue at night with the millions of stars waiting and watching makes me feel safe and happy and loved . Sometimes a sound of far-off music and a voice makes  it true as the moon and  the stars watch over me.  At night is  not a time to  live in a dream, but  it is the time to bring the dream to life.

 Hug

No comments: