Hidden Path


As a gamer I trust that my character in game will reveal the path to follow to me. The gamer becomes a responsive ear and takes actions in a game and in a story to record what he/she can hear. The moral of this is that we cannot be truly centered within our self unless we are prepared to listen and respond, this goes in games, in real life and even in an online community. Here I am in a time when I need to feel a sense of harmony with whatever I need to do. There is a point when all of us want to develop and utilize our talent to allow our self a purpose. I want to know that the actions in my life touch the lives of others so what I am trying to do is to turn outward to comprehend more fully how and where I fit in this world and yet last  tonight I felt lost...someone moved the direction sign again without telling me.

 Often I have been asked what does gaming means to me. By immerging myself in a game I seek a place and a space that is close to my dreams. Not surprise then that my favorite game is Lord of the Rings Online in which I can be part of Middle-earth and where I own a fantastic little hobbit home in the Shire. In life many of us find ourselves spiraling downward in a place of darkness, the light that was guiding our journey seam lost. It is in the darkest hour that our wisdom is forming. When I become my character in game I am combining all my feelings and dreams and experiences to prepare a full-bodied *me* to emerge in the virtual world. I am just listening to the voice inside my heart for she holds the key of the door which I need to open because behind it is the light I thought I had lost.

I wish I could find the words to describe today but I can't.  This was so not expected yesterday evening . I know things do do go wrong but other people did not understand that and the whole situation was so challenging and stressful to deal with. I was hoping to relax and write and play the game but I did not, I just sat here  in silence for a long time.  I was thinking about my Hobbit life and what I want to do and where I want to go, my passions, my family, friends. Wanting to live as much as I can as a Hobbit which does sound strange to many probably but makes so much sense to me because in a simple and peaceful existence I can find comfort and feel very safe . It does really come down to a simple equation:

If I love the life I live, I will live a life of love!


 I own a lots of things...my dreams, my hopes, my fantasies, my successes and my failures and mistakes.I am me! In the whole wide world, there is no one exactly like me. Everything that does come my way is exclusively mine and mine alone because I chose it myself. I belong to me, my feelings, my body, and my actions are only mine. So as I am only mine I came to know myself very well and I learned to be friendly and love the way I am so that I can find the courage to find solutions to all the riddles that life still throwing at me. I do consider my past as the One Ring of Power. It's mine now, and it is strongly trying to own me....I am attached to it but I also know I need to face it and destroy it by taking it in the place were it was forged.

Frodo could not have completed his task without the Fellowship and his friends. He did not really want to hold the Ring and he was scared , support and encouragements did come from Sam, Merry and Pippin, while Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli and Boromir guarded his life. And then there was Gandalf the wise...he that explained to Frodo why the Ring had to be destroyed. In my heart I do know they are all here. The Fellowship will break (or maybe it has done so already) the journey will be a lonely one, but friends are close in thoughts and affection.
A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run
West of the moon, East of the sun.
(J.R.R.Tolkien)

I have my Sam, my Merry , and my Pippin, I also have one Aragorn, a Legolas, Gimli, and even a wizard...I do consider myself lucky. Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity! Now all I need to find is  my way to Mordor....Mount Doom, here I come!

1 comment:

janitor said...

Who changed the direction sign? :-)

The real You did it and played it out. So You're the real wizard if anything, you're the magician. :-)

But the ego won't go down without a fight, it's briliant in how it's trying to survive. Even if it's hurting you.

So it uses strategies -
youtube.com/watch?v=CqcYsJtB3sE