Black And White Highday


Sip you gently, or drinking you fast....I never care what time has passed. Indulge in one pint, or maybe four,you never stop me wanting more. Drinking the Black to get to the White. This is the good stuff ! It's the best day of the week in the Shire. It's Highday (or Friday as the tall folk call it). Highday is traditionally the day when we all meet up down in Bywater at The Green Dragon to share the best brews on the Shire, sing songs, tell stories and gossip about our neighbors. The Baggins of Bag End, The Hill are often a hot topic for conversation. It is always nice to meet and sit around the fireplace. Today I received news that Nooblet Roundmushroom (a dear hobbit friend of mine), is leaving his little hole and his employment to move to a new home and a new job, which I think it's nice. I'll be worried about him (as I often do) but I am sure he'll be just fine, after all Nooblet Roundmushroom is of a very resilient kind. Sadly Nooblet lives in Stock near the Brandywine River which is way tooooo far for me....it's almost on the other side of the world really. I will raise a glass of ale to his health and his luck tonight at the Green Dragon...wishing him all the best for the future. I am looking forward to news of his new life.

 Let's dance!
So when you are happy , laughing away...you can take a picture of your happy feet in your comfy boots, dancing the night away  at the rhythm of happy hobbit music. 


...it's amazing what one pint of Guinness can do. Ireland is the land of the Faeries and of Guinness, the Shire is the land of hobbits and peace and music, it's my home!

 Awww...you were delicious, sweet and tasty

Did I tell you about The Green Dragon? No? How rude of me...well The Green Dragon is located here in Bywater near Hobbiton. It is famous for it's fantastic brews and superb food. It is here that Mr. Bilbo Baggins from Bag End, The Hill will begin his journey with Thorin and Company to the Lonely Mountains on April 27, 2941. I truly hope you are all having a happy Highday (Friday) evening , if you are about these parts feel free to drop by at The Green Dragon for a ale or two...you will be most welcome!

Oh, you can search far and wide
You can drink the whole town dry
But you'll never find a beer so brown
But you'll never find a beer so brown
As the one we drink in our hometown
As the one we drink in our hometown
You can drink your fancy ales
You can drink 'em by the flagon
But the only brew for the brave and true
Comes from The Green Dragon!

According to Mr.Peregrin "Pippin" Took the best ale in the whole of the Shire can be found at The Green Dragon,  and trust me...Pip does know his brews

 Pippin: What's that?

Merry: This, my friend, is a pint.

Pippin: It comes in pints?...I'm getting one!

No comments: