Sing Hey! For The Bath

 Magical Pools

Taking a nice hot bath must be one of life's greatest pleasures. My bathroom is not big, but I love it because it is one of the few places where I can be completely alone, uninterrupted, soaking in relaxing hot water, scented candles flickering, sometimes with music, or sometimes just with my thoughts. When I was in New Zealand I did spend an incredible amount of time enjoying the wonderful, naturally-heated hot pools you can find there. Some of my most memorable memories are linked to hours spent swimming and relaxing in  the heated swimming pool at The Powderhorn Chateau in the North Island, in a hot-tub  in a remote lodge in the mountains  looking at   the stars at night , and at the Glacier Hot Pools in the South Island,  places I hope to visit again one day. Contrary to some popular believe, hobbits do actually enjoy a nice hot soak in the bathtub in front of the fire, usually after dinner and before bedtime. Tolkien dedicated to the subject of bath a lovely song that Pippin will sing in Crickhollow while he, Sam , and Frodo are bathing. It is one of Bilbo's favorite bath-songs as well and was probably originally written by him during his adventure with the dwarves.

No comments: